P.I. Works is the first company in the world to automate the management of a commercial 5G network.
Our automated network management products and services empower mobile operators to accelerate network transformation and to drive network quality and efficiency on the path to 5G. These solutions have been deployed across more than 63 mobile operators in 45 countries around the world.
We are looking for an Applied Research Team Lead to join our Product team in Istanbul.
Please make sure to include a cover letter with your application.
- Lead and support a team of AI/ML, data and prototyping engineers to conduct cutting edge research topics for the wireless telecommunication domain.
- Mentor engineers to grow them in a career path with technical guidance, manage resources in consideration of long-term skill development.
- Analyze and validate new AI-ML based automation use-cases to support the organizational vision.
- Manage collaboration with cross-organizational departments such as Product Design, pre-sales and SW development teams to transfer incubated technology to product development pipeline.
- Build and maintain roadmap for research topics, track collaboration environment and project lifecycles in an agile manner.
- Ensure efficient onboarding of new engineers and scaling the team and ensuring continuous improvement of skill matrix of the team members.
- Manage research collaborations with academia and industry, joint research projects with partners, patent applications, and pursue new research fundings.
- Graduated from Computer Science, Telecommunication, Mathematics, and Statistics with academic or industrial research background.
- Prior experience of formal or informal leadership in related domain.
- Ability to lead technical discussions for directing products and finalizing research projects.
- Extensive communication skills with internal cross-functional teams and external customer facing activities.
- Prior experience with databases, big-data and data analytics platforms, SQL, and Python is required.
- Knowledge of various data science, AI/ML methods and experience of creating AI applications and heuristics algorithms in various practical use-cases.
- Ability to standardize processes including research, documentation and POC development, organize activities to share know-how inside the team and across the organization.
- Understanding of cutting-edge telecommunication technologies (5G, O-RAN, NFV, Slicing) is a plus
- Good understanding of elastic architectures and frameworks in micro-services domain, cloud-native design and development, resiliency, and scalable solutions design.